Discussion The best Deep Space Ship?

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
For the sake of discussion, what in your opinion is your favorite Deep Space Ship addon?

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
I like the Vespucci D with a couple of DG's. The Vespucci has got a little bit of a learning curve but it is an interesting ship to pilot cause after you reach a certain speed it replenishes it's fuel supply. It has a few glitches, the main one being that you must save scenarios with the 2D panel mode in view NOT the generic view or the save file will be corrupted.

My second favorite is of course the Deepstar. It's empty mass is not realistic, but if you want realism you can change it's parameters in the config. file.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For the sake of discussion, what in your opinion is your favorite Deep Space Ship addon?

Too broad a question. What do you mean by "deep space"? Beyond the Moon? To Mars, the Outer Planets, interstellar? What sort of tech level; realistic/current day, near-future possible, or fantasy/Star Trek?

The one I have most experience with is Sputnik's Orion 10m and 20m diameter vessels, which are based on 1960's tech that was never developed, but if it had worked as promised, would've gotten men to Saturn by 1975 or so, propelled there by small fusion bombs. It's fun to fly, comes with cool landers, also "realistic", and Sputnik did a fine job with the spectacular nuclear bomb drive visual effect.

See here for a photo tour of my Orion mission to Mars:

http://tekdino.proboards98.com/index.cgi?board=flightarchive&action=display&thread=43

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
My top ship would indeed be Orion 20m. Getting kicked out into the outer parts of the solar system by splitting your own atoms is pretty nice. Plenty of docking ports for ShuttlePB's & Deltaglider for away missions when orbiting a moon or planet.

I also find Shuttle-A is pretty good for the deep space job with it's high DV potential when put in orbit by a launcher. Almost too much power though if you want realism. My third is Deep Star which comes with Energy Project that has an Ion drive. It's quite tricky to use but Xenon fuel pays off.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
i like platform carrier 1 and deepstar. the platform carrier is very large so it can carry almost evrething in orbiter. deepstar is good because it is so realistic.

orion and hius are a not as far up on the list, but are still good

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i like platform carrier 1 and deepstar. the platform carrier is very large so it can carry almost evrething in orbiter. deepstar is good because it is so realistic.

orion and hius are a not as far up on the list, but are still good
Orion's not that bad. More systems management and capability of failure (or nuclear doom for those behind) makes for a more interesting flight. :)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Gosh, am I the only Arrow Freighter fan here?:lol:
I've only used the Arrow and the Shuttle-A, but for me its the Arrow, hands down:)

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Oh:facepalm:
I didn't realize until after I posted that the OP was talking about a specific addon:(