Programming Question Is it possible to use only part of an existing SC3/SC4 addon?

Gothmog

Reaction score
Having just incorporated the Gemini spacecraft by estar and replicant into my first add-on, I've seen that Spacecraft addons operate on the basic principle that you start out with a single spacecraft, and that as you jettison a component you now have one more spacecraft, and so on until there is nothing left to jettison.

This leads me to wonder if it's possible to use just part of a Spacecraft3/4 addon in a new configuration of my own. For example, let's say I want to pair the Gemini spacecraft with a Redstone rocket, or perhaps the actual Little Joe booster that was used for Mercury--but I only want to use the reentry module and nosecone. In other words, the equipment and reentry modules would, ideally, be completely absent from the scenario.

Is this possible? I've been able to cobble together a Little-Joe-Gemini configuration that looks like what I've described above on the launchpad. But at booster separation, the equipment and reentry modules "magically" appear. Is there a simple way to make sure the unwanted modules never appear?